[dundee] interesting problem with new mandrake box

Mark Harrigan mharrigan at cincout.com
Mon Nov 3 15:29:18 GMT 2003

Really depends on how desperate you are to shutdown your screen
immediately. If you can survive with it just timing out and turning
off shortly after you lock then you just need to modify XF86Config.

Add the following to the end of your monitor definition:
Option          "DPMS"

and this at the end say

Section "ServerFlags"
        Option "StandbyTime"  "56"
        Option "SuspendTime"  "58"
        Option "OffTime"      "60"
EndSection
(Time is in minutes).

If you want it quicker than 1 min you'll probably have to script lock
in someway.

Mark