[dundee] ADSL set up advice.

Keir Lawson dundee at lists.lug.org.uk
Fri Sep 19 18:11:02 2003

On Thu, 2003-09-18 at 20:49, Mark Harrigan wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 18, 2003 at 08:37:16PM +0100, Keir Lawson wrote:
> > i have two computers which both need to be able
> > to acess the internet on the same adsl acount.  a network is not an
> > option as that would mean dragging cable through the house (and i
> > suspect i wireless one would be impractical).  the only solution i can
> > see is to have two adsl modem. but im not sure how this would work with
> > broad bamnd. help.
>
> Hrm, two modems shouldn't be a problem though it does stop you sharing
> out the line. Why would wireless be problematic out of interest?

Because when im not using either computer it is off (my parents rules).
I dont want both computers to be able to acess the net at the same time,
just for both to be able to get on it without having to boot up the
other one. my current situation is that both have 56k modems on the same
(split) phone line.

keir