[dundee] ADSL set up advice.

tom stott dundee at lists.lug.org.uk
Sat Sep 20 03:19:01 2003

the one company i have always used is www.ebuyer.co.uk, thse guys are
superb  - nice and cheap and good gear - hence the fact they have had
over £1000 off me in the last month - wireless can be cheap or pricey
depending on what u want - i went down the route of Netgear DG824M
wireless access point/modem/router/4-port switch/firewall all in one box
and then desktop machine thro' cat5 10/100, girlfriends machine on wifi
and server on wifi. apart from stupid mod problems with the pci cards it
all rocks -

- why not just buy a router/adsl modem and hub them all together, i know
its cat5 but if these pc's need to be next to BT line anyhoo then the
cat5 is not really a prob.

tom