[dundee] Telewest Broadband 512Kb

Mark Harrigan mharrigan at cincout.com
Fri Jan 16 17:52:38 GMT 2004

On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 05:04:06PM +0000, Andrew Clayton wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-01-16 at 16:47, tom stott wrote:
> > well apart from their dns being almost unusable, the total inability to
> > correctly bill you, then then over billing by a vast amount, regular outages,
> > and don't expect to use their pop3 servers if u plan to use the supplied
> > @blueyonder.co.uk address's and so on....
> >
> > personally i cant stand telelworst broadband and as soon as my 12months were
> > up i changed and went to an adsl ISP (whom i have had no problems with at
> > all), tbh id rather go back onto 56k than use those bumbling fools again. But
> > i do know people that have and still use them happily enough.
> > ahhhh rant over
> >
> > Tom
>

> I'd agree with Tom here, get proper ADSL if you can.

Sorry, I find that quite amusing. "Proper" ADSL until relatively
recently was seen as the poor cousin of cable modem because a number of
compromises that BT made to make the install as simple and cheap as
possible for their wholesale business.

They should be looked on as pretty much evenly matched unless upload is
absolutely vital to you on the 512k package in which case ADSL has an
advantage. On the faster packages they are the same deal.

Mark
Blueyonder user for 2 years and BT Openworld ADSL Tech support once
upon a time.