[dundee] Next meeting and IRC

Martin Habets habets_martin at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 17 13:53:33 BST 2004

--- Stewart Lees <slees at computing.dundee.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hum and a haw,
> Since I know hee haw about GPG keys ;) erm PGP etc.

I second that, GPG is one of the many areas I have not gotten round to.
I do think I have gnugpg installed, just don't know what to do with it...

On other topics, maybe we can make a list of stuff people would like to
learn about, or stuff people could talk about...

Things I would like to learn about:
- Samba setup.
- RAID.
- AFS, XFS, ReserFS. Why? When are they usefull?
- Security. I know some basics, but this is one area one cannot know enough about.
- Distributed computing.

Things I could talk about:
- Patches. How to make & apply them.
- Network install (demo of debian or sunos).
- Basic debugging techniques.
- Programming internals: compiling, linking.

Martin