[dundee] 'Win32 is the path to the dark side. Xp leads to anger. Anger leads to Vista. Vista leads to suffering.'

Lee Hughes toxicnaan at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Oct 14 12:58:49 BST 2006

**A New Hope**

Hello Penguins,

    It was nice to have a beer and meet up, what I gathered we talked about (!) (I was'nt take notes!) was getting the Lug up and moving again. I'm trying to do some research on wether my uni would be up for donating a room to such a worthy cause? If others could get on the case and look for a room which is

.cheap

.has projector

.has internet access

I think there's in now enough interest to get a fair size group doing linux stuff again. I'm willing to put some energy and revive the group and do legwork n stuff. Our course demands 'intresting' subjects to be approched, it will be fun ;-).

looking at the Fife Lug I think they are having the same (numbers) problem, would be nice to pool resources, and combine the two into Fife and Tayside LUG as one? is that madness or a good idea?

I think either the first meet we can do an install fest or a general introduction to linux? if anyone's got any Idea's on stuff they either want to run, or intrested in learning.

Watch this space.........

Laters,

'Win32 is the path to the dark side. Xp leads to anger. Anger leads to Vista. Vista leads to suffering.'