[dundee] 'Win32 is the path to the dark side. Xp leads to anger. Anger leads to Vista. Vista leads to suffering.'

Paul Lancaster paul_lancaster at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Oct 16 12:25:08 BST 2006

Hi

For an intsall fest,  Ubuntu/Kubununtu live cd works well, so far tried
it on a Duron 800, P4 3200, and a AMD 64 based system without any
problems, will try the laptop with a pc card based wireless connection
some time this week - I hope. It has recognised all devices without
intervention from me, just as well as it would have remained broke. The
if all is ok has the option to install to harddrive, saving all the
hassle of partitioning etc then finding it dont work properly.
Ive actually come across an XP live cd, although live and XP just dont
seem to fit together in the same sentence.

See yawl soon
Paul