[dundee] Linux Gaming

chris wyllie cgwyllie at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 1 22:35:08 BST 2007

Hey,this is really just a big thanks to all the wonderful people who have
mailed around the list over the past few days. Thanks to all the various
suggestions/chat about recompiling kernels and cedega being a bit outdated
and WINE being another option now, I have a working guild wars installed now
with WINE. (WINE took about 2 hours to compile from source on my machine,
the slow thing it is but I got there eventually)

I chickened out of recompiling the kernel, I did make it through to
compiling it but had no idea how to then use the newly compiled one. So I
just reinstalled. In that respect, I think someone with knowledge of this
explaining the process at a meeting would be beneficial(well to me at least
:P).

So thanks again, much appreciated and I'm a happy penguin (until something
goes wrong ;P)