[dundee] Grub floppies

Colin Brough Colin.Brough at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Apr 5 14:06:43 BST 2007

> That's a challenge, who's up for trying to make an internet ready
> machine, running X out of as old hardware as we can?

I've got a Pentium I (233MHz, 64Mb RAM and can't add any more) sitting
on my desk hooked up to the net, and running X - eldest son was
playing Supertux on it this morning - so you'll have to go earlier
than that to be impressive!! :-)

I had a 386-DX40 running X on 8Mb of RAM in ye olden days, but it
didn't even do dial-up - that was certainly May 1993, perhaps a little
earlier... originally bought it with 4Mb, but couldn't get X up in
that! Graphics card was an Orchid Prodesigner IIS, as I recall.

Cheers

Colin

Colin Brough                             Colin.Brough at blueyonder.co.uk