[dundee] Grub floppies

Nistur Effee nistur at karate.com
Thu Apr 5 13:01:48 BST 2007

Well, I haven't actually tried booting either my machines off USB butI was thinking of using this as a rescue-disk and general play-toy, so if it's going to boot other computers I'd like that to be a possiblity. Secondly... From what I understand from the article, you install grub(not lilo, haven't used lilo in years) to a directory on your system, add the relevent menu.lst file and stick the whole thing on a floppy. God, I feel so retro using them now.
I don't suppose anyone has a 5 1/4" drive. The last one I had was on an Osbourne1 I believe my mother in her infinite knowledge threw away.

That's a challenge, who's up for trying to make an internet ready machine, running X out of as old hardware as we can?

Signing out
Nistur                            nistur at karate.com