[dundee] Just A Quick Reminder About Tonight's Meeting

Nistur Effee nistur at karate.com
Tue Apr 24 12:26:45 BST 2007

Was just wondering what tonight's topic is going to be on. Also, Arron asked me to cover kernel compilation next time. I still don't claim to be an expert but I was wondering what people wanted demonstrating. From what I can think of there is the configuring of the kernel source tree that would need some going over, but can take hours, especially if I'm supposed to be explaining during this. I'll probably have a pre-configured one that I know will work on my laptop. Then there's compiling the beast. Now, there's two ways this could be done. The compilation itself can take a while so this would leave time for some sort of presentation, questions... y'know... talk-y stuff. Or I can do it Blue Peter style and have a "here's one I made earlier" kernel. Then of course there's installing and running new kernel.

I'd like some feedback as to what people would like and if there's someone else who would like to help with this then please say. Maybe Arron would like a "history of the Linux Kernel" or some such thing that someone'd like to do?

Anyway, that's all for now
Signing out
Nistur                            nistur at karate.com