[dundee] Automatix & Ubunt

Lee Hughes toxicnaan at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Aug 8 19:49:12 BST 2007

nah, wha tI'm saying is use any backup device, you could for instance write the disk image to dvd, ipod or your own mind http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113481/

you'll have a complete image of your system, so if it goes tits up, you can just reimage the drive, and start again...

you could probably do the same with windows.

if you really wanted.

Laters,
Lee

William Cameron <bc_dundee at hotmail.com> wrote:    P { margin:0px; padding:0px } body { FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma }  The theory sounds sound enough, but I believe there are issues with how a system interprets USB Keys/HDD during boot.  Additionally, I remember having issues while booting Gentoo from USB as a "recovery pen" with it accessing the pen during boot, it at points couldn't read from it fast enough.  It did eventually boot however, but it stopped what appeard to be randomly stating it couldn't read 'root'.

I think that's what's you're meaning?  Image your system to USB, dist-upgrade etc, reboot to USB, if [goes tits up] modify grub.lst to boot HDD again?

Bill