[dundee] Norway's Yes-to-OOXML is Formally Protested

azmodie azmodie at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 03:50:19 BST 2008

Norway's Yes-to-OOXML is Formally
Protested<http://rss.slashdot.org/%7Er/Slashdot/slashdot/%7E3/261580861/article.pl>from
Slashdot: News for nerds, stuff that
matters<http://www.google.com/reader/view/feed/http%3A%2F%2Frss.slashdot.org%2FSlashdot%2Fslashdot>by
ScuttleMonkey
An anonymous reader writes "Norway's yes-to-OOXML may tip the vote in favor
of accepting it as an ISO-standard, but the committee chairman just faxed a
formal protest to the ISO. 'I am writing to you in my capacity as Chairman
(of 13 years standing) of the Norwegian mirror committee to ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC
34. I wish to inform you of serious irregularities in connection with the
Norwegian vote on ISO/IEC DIS 29500 (Office Open XML) and to lodge a formal
protest. You will have been notified that Norway voted to approve OOXML in
this ballot. This decision does not reflect the view of the vast majority of
the Norwegian committee, 80% of which was against changing Norway's vote
from No with comments to Yes.'"

Read more of this
story<http://tech.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/03/31/200201&from=rss>at
Slashdot.

--
Umbrella Corporation :-
"They are the fear within all of that there is a company. The Corporation