[dundee] scart device with hdd

Tim Spencer samurai.mit at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 08:16:56 BST 2008

I have been roaming the Internet (and shops) the past few weeks to find a
device (which should be small and thereby light in size) which can have a
hdd attached to it and has a scart output. I want to be able to have this
device plugged into my tv, and that i can play videos (and maybe music) to
my tv (if its network then its a big ++). I want this device to be portable
(i.e. backpack).
Item which are not quite what i want

(chipped) XBOX - cheap but still heavy
(linux on PS2)-not as cheap as XBOX but still heavy
(linux on PS2 slim) - difficult to implement (hdd needs to be hacked, IDE
cable soldered on board -am not too competent with soldering)
GP2X.co.uk <http://www.gp2x.co.uk/>  - very nice (especially with the usb
hub) but no scart so could mean it wont happen on some TVs

thanks
tim