[dundee] changing BPP?

Nistur nistur at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 11 08:31:15 BST 2008

I don't know whether you'd be allowed to have an arcade machine in the Union
running an emulator, how long do copyright on games last? Anyway I think the
best thing you could do is make a decent clone (that would solve your 8bpp
problem) and stick that on. Alternatively you could probably make a TuxRacer
cabinet without many legal problems which would be cool :) The pub I worked
in used to have a quiz machine in the corner that booted Linux :P
If you want to make an arcade cabinet, find out what the students want first
(just remembered FretsOnFire that might be popular) Space Invaders sounds
cool but I don't think you could get hardware old enough now (and cheap
enough) to make it the only game that would play on the box, people wouldn't
play it once the novelty of having Space Invaders wears off and again, I
think we should be promoting an Open Source game here ;)

(Maybe this thread should be merged with Azmodie's Geeks with too much spare
time thread?)
Nistur