[dundee] changing BPP?

Tim Spencer samurai.mit at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 10:25:42 BST 2008

i agree to most, but i though of starting of slowly. maybe java (have some
easy programmed games) then once i mandged the whole idea of how people can
add and blah then i would certainly increase (sieze as in player, cabinets,
platforms etc.). i  like the open source game idea. I mean as hardware i was
thinking (to start with) with just a basic mini itx boared and an old screen
(bout 10  pounds for the screen and 50 for the ITX baord, my dad can aslo
get a cheap shuttle casing for like 20 quid). one of the (problems) is that
i need to get the whole think checked and water resistant etc. ready for
usage in a pub inviroment. I was also thinking of establishing a platform
for student to write games on, like for PS2 just maybe call it ASLP or somn
or just adopt a open source platform.
I though of timeline as simmilar to this:
-get control to work in the next week
-(have spare hardware here, export to the uk)
-2 weeks after that have one game running on it (maybe one of mine in java -
i could always put one together) and have th cabinet ready (like hardware
wise and water tigth and get my flat mate (art guy) to make a nice painting
on it (maybe a penguin riding 'microsoft' - in the most non-sexual way
possible) and have some way of uploading stuff to it, dont know how yet
(though about having it 2 ways like with a webbased system integrated, games
can be rated from website, still exploring that idea)
-3 weeks after have the presentation to the union and then dump it there
-4 weeks have my viva with loads of addditional material to up my grades,
then fuck off to southhampton and start designing further, platform docs
soforth (since my tennancy runs out bout that time)