[dundee] Ian Porter

azmodie azmodie at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 13:29:54 BST 2008

Hi Ian,

Welcome to the list and Dundee.

I believe our next meeting is
http://thelinuxsociety.org.uk/event/2008/04/24/day

The meetings are held in the cinema room on the 3rd floor of the Abertay
Union, on a fortnightly basis.

We sometimes meet in the Ground floor coffee shop opposite the Royal bank of
Scotland in center of town.
Arron usually has hi little one with him then for an informal coffee or two.
(Arron not the wee one)

Arron usually post a reminder to the list closer to the meeting date.

more info about The Linux Society and maps to meetings etc..
http://thelinuxsociety.org.uk/about

We have a fair few ubuntu/*buntu users in the group as well as other distros
including a Gentoo, Arch and many others.

I've not tried Gentoo per say, but have played about with Saybayon linux
http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=sabayon which is a binary
installer based on Gentoo (installs base in under 1h)

azmodie (aka Kris Findlay)
--
Umbrella Corporation :-
"They are the fear within all of us that there is a company. The Corporation