[dundee] Ian Porter

Ian ian at codingfriends.com
Sat Apr 12 20:55:17 BST 2008

Hi
azmodie wrote:
> Hi Ian,
>
> Welcome to the list and Dundee.
>
> I believe our next meeting is
> http://thelinuxsociety.org.uk/event/2008/04/24/day
>
> The meetings are held in the cinema room on the 3rd floor of the
> Abertay Union, on a fortnightly basis.
>
> We sometimes meet in the Ground floor coffee shop opposite the Royal
> bank of Scotland in center of town.
> Arron usually has hi little one with him then for an informal coffee
> or two. (Arron not the wee one)
Cool, I shall bring Miya along, and have a coffee as well.  have not
been in the centre of town, as yet we have just moved up from Bonnybridge.

> Arron usually post a reminder to the list closer to the meeting date.
>
> more info about The Linux Society and maps to meetings etc..
> http://thelinuxsociety.org.uk/about
>
> We have a fair few ubuntu/*buntu users in the group as well as other
> distros including a Gentoo, Arch and many others.
>
> I've not tried Gentoo per say, but have played about with Saybayon
> linux http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=sabayon which is a
> binary installer based on Gentoo (installs base in under 1h)
Gentoo is very cool, tbh.. I used to really love it, but waiting for the
KDE to compile etc was just too much to wait for specially once my
daughter was born and hardly no time to get things done anyway.  So
kinder went back to a binary distro to get things updated quicker may
have to check out Saybayon thou.. cheers.

Cheers may see you on one of the meetings.
Ian