[dundee] Upgrade Scotland - DCA - Wednesday

Arron M Finnon afinnon at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 28 13:58:02 BST 2008

Upgrade Scotland - DCA - Wednesday

Hi Guys,

There's an event on at the DCA called Upgrade Scotland, it's focusing
on getting a media hack space

here's the stuff i was sent for it

/* message as follows */

At this month's Upgrade! Scotland we will be trying something a little
different.  As a springboard to getting a media hack space going in
Dundee, Magnus Lawrie a founding member of the Electron Club in Glasgow,
will be speaking about all aspects of hack culture.

Beginning with a brief overview of the Free Software movement and it's
significance for hackers, we will ask 'what makes a hacker?' and look at
some instances where hackers have come together. Magnus will also
outline his involvement in such groups and introduce his current
research into hacking & knitting.

This will be followed by an open forum where what happens next is up to
you. Arron M. Finnon, president of The Linux Society, will give an
introduction to Linux platforms and programs. There will be computers
available to try out some open source software and experience the Linux
platform and a room full of people to discuss the possibilities of these
tools for Tayside.

Please join us from 5pm for a glass of wine, with the talk and forum
starting at 5.30pm.

Upgrade! Scotland is FREE but space is limited. Please RSVP via our
Facebook group or email: kristina 'at' mediascot.org

/* end of message */