[dundee] [Fwd: Microsoft Inspiration Tour - Tuesday 22nd January 2008 - at Abertay !]

Lee Hughes toxicnaan at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 11 20:06:14 GMT 2008

Gordon!!! how dare you slander the church of microsoft,

dont you know they invent the internet..

they also came up with binary, 0 and 1, I think they have a patent on zero's.
but not on 1's.

Did you say vista was bollox, you must be mistaken, from the microsoft
site it say and I quote.

1) Find that file in a few quick clicks
double clicks? or single clicks? I guess a single click is 50% faster?

2) See everything you have open at a glance

sure, you won't be able to close it, because it's so slow.

3) Keep photos organized—and ready to share

err, you ever head of flicker?

4) Create a custom movie without a fine arts degree

so, your saying we don't need degrees? then what's the tour
all about then?

5) Keep track of your music—and play it anywhere

as long as it's DRM to the max....

6) Surf multiple waves of the web at once
did some one say microsoft

7) Record and watch TV on your time

errr, like video capture ever work in windows.

8) Bring your TV and PC together—and take home entertainment to a new leve

what, like reinstalling your TV every two weeks?

9) Keep the things you need most at your fingertips
what? like an ubuntu live cd?

10) Help your kids stay safer

by not allowing them to do anything....

Vista Mobile...lets go go go!

Microsoft, your a bunch of ass wipe suits, don't darken the north
with your lies and marketing bullshit.

Laters,
Lee

gordon dunlop <astrozubenel at googlemail.com> wrote: Go along if you want to, even to get a laugh, but great new
technologies! and Innovation! Why are Microsoft planning their new
operating system, Win 7, on the Linux model: small kernel; modular
systems? Why did they model Explorer 7 on Firefox with the tabbed
browsing? Why is their new hypervisor with Windows server rumoured to
be based on Xen? Yes they are using open source within their code,
that is why they have been shouting about patents and trying to make
agreements with Linux distributions.  Not because we have anything of
theirs but they have got ours, they can do so legally as long as they
make the code available, but to publicly admit to using open source
code would be an embarrassment. We shall see in the coming months what
develops from this situation, I am especially interested in where they
got their new hypervisor from. So if people want to believe their
bullshit about great new technologies and Innovation, keep living in
cloud cuckoo land. Whilst they have still got the desktop market, they
are getting trounced in supercomputing and embedded devices. They fear
Linux because it is so flexible and architecturally superior and is on
a roll, they are trying to stop this. Why are they visiting
Universities in the U.K.? Because Vista is rubbish and innovative
students are looking for alternatives for their operating systems and
their programming (hacking) skills and with the mobile and embedded
Linux giving them opportunities Microsoft feel a bit under threat. The
team is only to keep potential University programmers under the thumb,
wasting their talents really and to cover up their incompetence in
computing.

gordon