[dundee] NoHelpDesk

Kris Davidson davidson.kris at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 00:44:02 GMT 2008

Another whole hearted agreement and off-topic remark from me; it seems
like the School of Computings filler module area of choice is Web
Technologies.

Tim Spencer wrote:
> one thing we should make clear though and which i am still not happy about is when one
> attracts people to a course which has higher expectations that they shouldn't feed students > bullshit (pardon my french) i.e. database design using access.

I'm not ripping on the modules or the lecturers who teach them, my
problem is with relevancy and getting pushed to the sidelines, while
its good to generalise there is a limit. It may seem like I'm being a
bit negative and generally grumpy which is true but if I were taking
the Web Design course or Games Tech (which seems to get a
disproportionate amount of attention and funding despite it being a
marketing flagship) I'd be quite happy.

Kris