[dundee] OLPC BBC report

Lee Hughes toxicnaan at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 18 00:29:02 GMT 2008

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/page/item/b008qstj.shtml?q=laptops&start=1&scope=iplayersearch&go=Find%20Programmes&version_pid=b008qssm

or if that dont work

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/page/item/b008qstj.shtml

okay,

a bbc report that went out a 5am in the morning......great exposure ;-)...

It's basicly says, well that the intel one is being more favour by govements?

I wonder why that is?

You can also see the almost draconian intel / windows XP methods...
Intel turning children into office salves already...not bad intel..not bad.

why do I mistrust them so much...??? large global company , 'helping' poor
children, it's just does'nt add up, it's not what global player do, or are in
fact equipped to do.

to the more free-er olpc feel.

I'd really like to see the state of the intel laptop after a few months of
operation....

reinstall city!

right, lets get coding some apps for the OLPC platform, maybe that's where
the difference will lie, I don't think give children office 2007 is going to
do much for education...unless we just want lots of administration staff
on our hands...

views please..