[dundee] OLPC Videos...niiiiiiiiiice!

Andrew Clayton andrew at digital-domain.net
Sun Jan 20 20:33:36 GMT 2008

On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 19:18:43 +0000, Gary Short wrote:

> Okay, now you're talking. I never considered that point. At the end
> of the day I never critisised the OLPC as a technology, just that
> there was a better way to achieve that goal. I didn't consider the
> fact that Negroponte wouldn't have gotten funding for more teachers.
> Though, I believe if he had tried he would have. Who would argue that
> laptops are better than teachers? I guess we'll never know.

I don't know where this teachers thing keeps coming from. Of all the
OLPC stuff I've seen and read, I've never heard anything about teacher
shortages or such.

I believe the teacher also gets a laptop so they aren't being left out
in that way.

There is a lot of FUD about the OLPC laptop, seemingly from Microsoft
and Bill Gates specifically. After seeing his latest rant on the topic,
it's clear he doesn't get it.

Andrew