[dundee] UMPC's

Simon Wells swells at computing.dundee.ac.uk
Sun Jan 20 21:47:23 GMT 2008

Well I have been keeping an eye on these guys with their extensible
platform:
http://www.buglabs.net/
and of course have been drooling over these:
http://europe.nokia.com/A4568578:
plan on getting & experimenting with one of these:
http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?
c=L_Product_C2&childpagename=US%
2FLayout&cid=1118334819312&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper
and am currently playing with embedded Linux distros on these:
http://www.figlabs.com/catalog/device_hardware.php

Linux in the consumer oriened embedded, low-power, and portable/UMPC
marketplace really seems to be hotting up.

Simon
p.s. Rick, nice to see you on the list, even if the circumstances
surrounding your first post were a little strained! :)

Dr. Simon Wells
swells at computing.dundee.ac.uk
School of Computing, Queen Mother Building, University of Dundee,
Dundee, DD1 4HN.
Tel: +44 (0)1382 386 526
Fax: +44 (0)1382 385 509 (FAO: Simon Wells)
http://occam.computing.dundee.ac.uk/swells/