[dundee] 100Mb/s Broadband in Dundee

Lee Hughes toxicnaan at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jan 23 17:59:35 GMT 2008

On a more serious note,

yeah, That's certainly a step in the right direction, BT have been
dragging the feet, and from a business case, why provide more bandwidth,
it you can get 20 grand a year for a couple of megs, then why should
you up your speeds to 100mb/s for less????

I see these people being taken over by BT  or a large another Telco
within a year, maybe two.. if you start connecting routers, point 2 point
via dark fiber, then the normal frame relay, ATM, telco' networks becomes
irrelevant as companies start to managed their own infrastructure.

This may cause an explosion in voip services too! ;-).

You could do a very nice wifi network, where ever you had  a  manhole
cover, you could place a solar powered AP , and bingo, as fast as wifi
can go broadband!! nice.

my wifi is never runs more that 2mb/s because that my downstream!!!

Gotta stick one more Joke in.

Customer: Hello, is that H2O customer support...

Support: Yes, How can I help you

C: I seem to be having problems with my downstream

S: Did you have a curry last night?

gordon dunlop <astrozubenel at googlemail.com> wrote: Daniel Lamb posted an article a couple of months ago about H2O using
sewers for bringing high speed internet to the Universities of Dundee
& Abertay. Now they are talking about doing a deal with ISP's so that
the whole city, including homes, can get these speeds.
http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/159045/sewer-firm-brings-100mbsec-broadband-to-britain.html

Chat on IRC, #tlug on dundee.lug.org.uk