[dundee] Hardy Heron unstable with NVIDIA proprietary drivers

Simon Wells swells at computing.dundee.ac.uk
Sun Jun 8 17:29:28 BST 2008

Possibly my own fault for using an NVIDIA card, but has anybody else
found Hardy Heron to be unstable with the NVIDIA proprietary drivers?

When they are not installed everything is fine. Once installed I get
hard lockups every 12 hours or so which can only be dealt with through
power cycling the machine. No suspicious entries in any logs after
rebooting. I have reverted back to using the nv driver but was
wondering whether my experience was isolated.

Simon