[dundee] Re: slax

Nistur nistur at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 30 17:41:42 BST 2008

I can't say for sure as I haven't booted anything other than a HD installed
Arch Linux on my laptop for a long time but I can't recall anything like as
long as what I'm currently getting on both my laptop and PC. I will download
another liveCD to compare it.

Whether it matters or not... strictly... no. However I have a 1GB flash
drive that  I have absolutely no use for and decided I wanted to setup a
linux distro on that so I didn't have to put up with windows if I didn't
need to on other machines :P It's also fine with the delayed boot time as it
won't obviously be my primary OS, would just be nice to get rid of if at all
possible :D

Interesting fact: udevtrigger grinding to a halt doesn't happen the first
time I boot the laptop that day. I'm sure there's a hotplugging joke to make
here somewhere if my brain would just get in gear.
If it wasn't that it did the same on my PC then I'd guess at an ACPI
problem...

Thanks for the reply, I was considering trying Slack in place of Arch when I
get around to clearing out my PC and laptop (hopefully in the next few days)
I'll probably have more questions to pester you with :P

Nistur