[dundee] new to linux

Kris Davidson davidson.kris at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 21:36:55 GMT 2008

Hi,

Welcome to Linux, I'm sure anyone of us here will be glad to help with
any problems. There are Linux anti-virus solutions if you really want
one but I agree with Andrew and don't think its necessary.

As for a firewall, I tend not to run one on individual machines but on
a dedicated device though iptables is very powerful your probably
better staying away from it for the time being so try something like
firestarter, it should be available in the Ubuntu repositories.

Kris