[dundee] new to linux

Adrian Jones kemah153 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Mar 8 16:24:29 GMT 2008

Hi
  Thank you for replying to my email
  adrian

Kris Davidson <davidson.kris at gmail.com> wrote:
  Hi,

Welcome to Linux, I'm sure anyone of us here will be glad to help with
any problems. There are Linux anti-virus solutions if you really want
one but I agree with Andrew and don't think its necessary.

As for a firewall, I tend not to run one on individual machines but on
a dedicated device though iptables is very powerful your probably
better staying away from it for the time being so try something like
firestarter, it should be available in the Ubuntu repositories.

Kris

Chat on IRC, #tlug on dundee.lug.org.uk