[dundee] pkg-config

Nistur nistur at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 9 20:20:12 GMT 2008

I've just been doing some... upgrades on our router... installing things
that might be useful for the flat...
The router is still running Ubuntu (now happily upgraded since last time
to Gutsy) the only problem is that one of the things I'm doing is
installing rtorrent to it (to cut down on bandwidth usage as everything
will be centralised). [Avoids pointless details] I'm rebuilding rtorrent
because I want some of the newer features that the gutsy repositories
don't have (namely xmlrpc support) libtorrent however wants pkg-config
to be present. So I installed it.
I have so far been simply making the .pc files and copying across the
contents from my own PC. I've looked everywhere online to no avail, is
there any way to automatically create the files? Or as is more likely
the case due to the nature of them... is there a package containing
important ones?

Surely having to make the pkg-config files myself kinda makes pkg-config
slightly less useful...