[dundee] Linux is faster then XP it's official ;-)

Lee Hughes toxicnaan at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Mar 21 17:55:43 GMT 2008

It really is quite interesting! I' managed to get it too boot and run a few
basic apps.

it really is working kernel, I say working, I didn't say usable.

however, I think the developers have took the windows route, just because
they work for microsoft research, for instance inplementing ntlm and all
that other nasty microsoft rubbish. However , which a bit of' GNU sense',
it may be these basis for a something fresh, rather than the current
stagnation in operating systems design.

Have fun, let me know how you get on?

"Digit (SG)" <digit.siljrath at googlemail.com> wrote: cool.

cud b interesting to see wot singularity can do too.

On 21/03/2008, Lee Hughes <toxicnaan at yahoo.co.uk> wrote: check dis! Straigh from the horses mouth.

Linux is faster!!!

http://www.thelinuxsociety.org.uk/content/microsoft-goes-open-source-well-not-quite-singularity

 Chat on IRC, #tlug on dundee.lug.org.uk

--
The Universe speaks in many languages, but only one voice. The language is not Narn, or Human, or Centauri, or Gaim or Minbari. It speaks in the language of hope; It speaks in the language of trust; It speaks in the language of strength, and the language of compassion. It is the language of the heart and the language of the soul. But always, it is the same voice. It is the voice of our ancestors, speaking through us, And the voice of our inheritors, waiting to be born. It is the small, still voice that says: We are one. No matter the blood; skin; world; star; We are one. No matter the pain; darkness; loss; fear; We are one. Here, gathered together in common cause. we agree to recognise this singular truth, and this singular rule: That we must be kind to one another, because each voice enriches us and ennobles us, and each voice lost diminishes us. We are the voice of the Universe, the soul of creation, the fire that will light the way to a better future. We are one.
Chat on IRC, #tlug on dundee.lug.org.uk