[dundee] Linux Kernel Device Support

James Le Cuirot chewi at aura-online.co.uk
Tue Nov 4 23:33:38 UTC 2008

On Tue, 4 Nov 2008 23:16:26 +0000
"gordon dunlop" <astrozubenel at googlemail.com> wrote:

> I'm glad you are setting the record straight as from this Phoronix
> article other commentators are jumping on the band wagon and I think
> are getting things wrong and it is mushrooming, it is a bit like
> Chinese whispers. The downside of the Internet is that if you are
> mis-quoted in one electronic article there is a domino effect with
> other articles:
>
> http://www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2008/11/dont_fear_bigbo.html

Phoronix are quite bad for misreporting. Some of their stories miss key
facts or are heavily biased, often in the Ubuntu direction. I have
posted in the forum to say so several times. I do keep reading though
because I like their focus. I am particularly interested in games, the
Radeon drivers and developments with X.

James