[dundee] A newbee without a scooby :O)

STEVENS, GRAEME 986100930 at abertay.ac.uk
Sat Sep 27 10:51:18 UTC 2008

Hello
As a newbee to Linux this is likely to not be the last question I ask. Im sure though Ill end up slapping my forehead at the obvious answers I just couldn't find.

Problem 1. I have ubuntu on a Toshiba Laptop and have tried in vain to get the wireless working on it, Ive been using the correct SSID and WEP key but it just wont connect, except via ethernet. Any ideas?

Problem 2. Was downloading virtual box for linux and got an error - "dependency not satisyable libqt4-core". Presumably this is something on the laptop that doesnt have an open source code equivalent or something? But is there a way to solve this.

Many Thanks

Graeme Stevens
MSc Ethical Hacking and Computer Security
University of Abertay Dundee