[dundee] OpenWRT on a Linksys WAG354G

Philipp Geyer nistur at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 28 11:38:57 UTC 2008

We have recently removed the Ubuntu router we had sitting here due to a
harddrive dying (don't worry Lee, I backed up the scripts you took hours
writing) but now we have no form of repository or backup space as we're
just using a Linksys WAG354G.

I have a NAS enclosure with a 320GB HDD in it that I rarely use, I was
thinking if I could get cvs or (preferably) rsync to backup directories
and synchronise between my PC and laptop then it'd b great, I had a look
at OpenWRT but it went over my head by quite a bit. I found this:
    http://wiki.openwrt.org/OpenWrtDocs/Hardware/Linksys/WAG354G
But I am unhappy doing this myself as I *will* break it for a while
before I get it to work and we sort of need the internet here.

Firstly, is it unwise running rsync on this?
Secondly (if the answer to 1 is not really), is there someone we could
persuade (with various forms of alcohol if necessary) to take a look at
this for us?
Secondly (if the answer to 1 is yes), does anyone have any suggestions
what could be done?

Thanks