[dundee] dundee Digest, Vol 194, Issue 5

tr.simpson at blueyonder.co.uk tr.simpson at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Apr 3 11:46:25 UTC 2009

> Message: 2
> Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 13:29:01 +0000 (GMT)
> From: Lee Hughes <toxicnaan at yahoo.co.uk>

> on the same ilk, I'm really want
>
> an mpeg2 decoder chip, linked to an Ethernet controller , with a TV out.
> mabe usb for some controller devices?
>

> and that's it.
>
> no storage, dvd drivers, or anything silly like that.
>
> who's up for it...?

Lee

have a look at a Hauppauge MediaMVP unit

http://www.hauppauge.com/html/mediamvp_datasheet.htm

runs linux natively and has had its firmware completely replaced by
various people

In fact its this box which keeps me running "windows" at home as I use a
free windows app called gbpvr for recording tv and playing music

which unlike Mythtv just works without constant fighting over drivers and
configuration etc

I record the TV on my pc and stream the recordings to a ethernet connected
MVP which in turn is connected via a scart lead to my tv set.

for more info on linux firmware see http://www.mvpmc.org/

Tim