[dundee] Plea for test kit (Hardware & software)

lug at seany.us lug at seany.us
Fri Apr 3 12:12:29 UTC 2009

Hi All,

Have a non-Linux request for hardware/software.

Anyone have any spare apple mac kit (with OSX) laying around they could donate/let me borrow? Needing it to fix a DNS issue my customers are facing that only affects OSX. It's driving me mad!

DNS works fine on Linux and that other OS so I am really stumped.

p.s. @azmodie, remember the HP machine I spoke about that I couldn't get linux running on? It is an HP workstation xw6000:
http://www.pcpro.co.uk/reviews/46126/hp-workstation-xw6000-aa772a.html#

As I said, I can't remember what went wrong with trying Linux but I suspect it crapped out at boot somewhere with grub (either after install or from the CD itself). When I have more time I'll double check!

Regards,
Sean McRobbie