[dundee] Google's Secret Servers Revealed

Lee Hughes toxicnaan at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Apr 7 10:05:40 UTC 2009

well, it's not a problem, if a server blows, then just rack another one in,
I guess GFS just relocates data and services on to other bits of the clusers

RAIC (redundant array of inexpensive computers)

;-)

it's nice the go for 12v, makes runing of renewable so much easier, and non messing around with dirty inefficient inverters.

All they have to do now , is make motherboards much more modular , to extend their lifetime, and reduce waste.

Can a ethical server farm be possible? Computer are responsible for a lot
of toxic waste, and have very nasty stuff in them?

A guess using only renewable energy for our information needs is a step in
the right direction.

I've also been a big fan of this project...

http://www.green-wifi.org/