[dundee] Website Meeting

Arron Finnon afinnon at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 25 17:16:09 UTC 2009

Well it sounds as if there will be a lot to talk about at the meeting
set aside for it, i have kept as much out of this as needed, but the
key to all of this is about community involvement, too which we must
all play apart.

Its one thing to say lets have this or that, but its a completely
different thing when it comes to actually being there and playing a
part in.

So far i have seen two incarnations of the site, but very few people
coming forward and doing their part.  A few people in the AGM
indicated that they would help, and those people agreed that a
separate meeting about the forward movement of the site was warranted.
 We have become a very strong users based community with different
tastes, ideas, and experiences but for this site to be useful to
everyone will require people to helping, not just technically but in
lots of different ways.  Leaving all on three peoples shoulders is in
my opinion a travesty, and i would hope that this time around people
give some time towards this.

I doubt that i will make it to the web site meeting but i will be glad
to see the feedback i get from Nick and Kris, who i have spoken to in
great detail about the web site issue.

As i have said they where some other people at the AGM who said they
would be interested in helping, i've not seen their names pop up in
this discussion yet, but i'm sure they will, or at least attend in
addition there where a few i would have hoped would have jumped at the
chance to help the society work on this project for the benefit of not
just their selfs but future members too, but s i say we'll have to
see.

Anyways good luck with the meeting and i look forward to seeing what
comes out of it.