[dundee] Revolution OS

Digit (SG) digit.siljrath at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 9 21:10:50 UTC 2009

that stuff about fedora's boot time makes it very enticing

and if you enjoyed revolution OS, you'll also enjoy "the code linux"
http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-3498228245415745977

anyone know of any other documentaries about linux/opensource/floss/etc?

or other interesting talks?

i particulalry liked hearing about git
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XpnKHJAok8
and darcs
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6879592104794771522
giving greater insight into the bazar (as opposed to cathedral)

and it's just always nice to hear torvalds or stallman prattle on with their
stories of how it all transpired.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVTWCPoUt8w
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=richard+stallman

stallman especially i find, as he has the philosophical balls.  ;D

i'd love to hear from others too, but i'm just not all that familiar with
the rest of the major players to have found their talks yet.  who's really
interesting and got a lot to say?, ... or at the least is just entertaining.
:)

2009/6/9 gordon dunlop <astrozubenel at googlemail.com>

> Last year we all watched the video "Revolution OS" which was all about FOSS
> (Gnu/Linux), its beginning and how it developed, well it is now on-line
> (approx 1hr 25mins):
>
> http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=7707585592627775409
>
> Fedora 11 has been released today, here is a video about it starring the
> dynamic duo (Max Spevack & Paul Frields):
>
> http://www.redhat.com/Fedora/
>
> Gordon

http://www.gaudiepod.org.uk gaudiepod.org.uk website gallery and forum.
 prints available to buy.  digital images available for price at your
discression.
http://tinyurl.com/gaudiepodforum