[dundee] Revolution OS

Rick Moynihan rick.moynihan at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 00:12:15 UTC 2009

2009/6/9 Digit (SG) <digit.siljrath at googlemail.com>:
> that stuff about fedora's boot time makes it very enticing
>
> and if you enjoyed revolution OS, you'll also enjoy "the code linux"
> http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-3498228245415745977
>
> anyone know of any other documentaries about linux/opensource/floss/etc?
>
> or other interesting talks?
>
> i particulalry liked hearing about git
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XpnKHJAok8
> and darcs
> http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6879592104794771522
> giving greater insight into the bazar (as opposed to cathedral)
>
> and it's just always nice to hear torvalds or stallman prattle on with their
> stories of how it all transpired.
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVTWCPoUt8w
> http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=richard+stallman
>
> stallman especially i find, as he has the philosophical balls.  ;D
>
> i'd love to hear from others too, but i'm just not all that familiar with
> the rest of the major players to have found their talks yet.  who's really
> interesting and got a lot to say?, ... or at the least is just entertaining.
> :)

Stallman's good, but Eben Moglen's (the FSF's lawyer) is even better!

http://delicious.com/InkyHarmonics/video+ebenmoglen

Lessig is also great, and he wins hands down on presentation slickness:

http://delicious.com/InkyHarmonics/video+lessig

Also see the Pirate Party's excellent Google Tech Talk on Copyright
Regime vs Civil Liberties from 2007:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2541736281918823479