[dundee] what a difference a day makes, and a new sipgate account, and a old machine

Gavin Henry ghenry at suretecsystems.com
Wed Jun 17 03:09:50 UTC 2009

Hi,

What gateway for Skype are you using?

Gav.

------Original Message------
From: Arron Finnon
Sender: dundee-bounces at lists.lug.org.uk
To: Tayside Linux User Group
ReplyTo: Tayside Linux User Group
Subject: [dundee] what a difference a day makes, and a new sipgate account,and a old 	machine
Sent: 17 Jun 2009 01:16

Well a quick update for you guys,

I got it up and running, one day things are just shite and you try it
the day later and it works

Two factors where involved, the main one was the number i had with
sipgate was dud.  A fresh install on a different machine to play with
(now become the production one, and the production one has become
defunct again)

I have learned two things, firstly trust my instinct - once in awhile i'm right
and pbxinaflash likes older hardware, and boy its really loves it.

Registered a new account with sipgate and within two minutes my new
box was taking calls.

If any of you are interested, the only configuration i did was with
FreePBX and i used this as a guide

http://www.freepbx.org/support/documentation/howtos/howto-setting-up-voip-provider-trunks/sipgate-u-k

no configuring .conf's

So thanks everyone, now onwards to the skype gateway for asterisk

Chat on IRC, #tlug on dundee.lug.org.uk

--
Kind Regards,

Gavin Henry.
Managing Director.

T +44 (0) 1224 279484
M +44 (0) 7930 323266
F +44 (0) 1224 824887
E ghenry at suretecsystems.com

Open Source. Open Solutions(tm).

http://www.suretecsystems.com/

Suretec Systems is a limited company registered in Scotland. Registered
number: SC258005. Registered office: 13 Whiteley Well Place, Inverurie,
Aberdeenshire, AB51 4FP.

Subject to disclaimer at http://www.suretecgroup.com/disclaimer.html