[dundee] what a difference a day makes, and a new sipgate account, and a old machine

James Le Cuirot chewi at aura-online.co.uk
Wed Jun 17 09:44:34 UTC 2009

On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 01:16:53 +0100
Arron Finnon <afinnon at googlemail.com> wrote:

> So thanks everyone, now onwards to the skype gateway for asterisk

Actually I've done that as well! Assuming you mean chan_skypiax, my
first problem was that it doesn't work with 1.6.1. It does work with
1.6.0. Most people set it up to run on a hidden Xvfb server but I just
wanted it to run on my regular X server so I had to transfer my cookie
to the asterisk user with xauth. The problem is that Asterisk won't
start until Skype is started. Apparently this doesn't happen in the
FreeSWITCH version. I've contacted the author but no reply. Might have
a hack at it myself soon. The other problem is that it can't seem to
tell whether a Skype user is online or not. There's no way to query
that and it'll just call them and keep ringing regardless.

James