[dundee] Free Software Awards 2009

gordon dunlop astrozubenel at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 19 18:30:11 UTC 2009

Here are the Free Software Award 2009 winners for Les Trophees du Libre:

http://www.trophees-du-libre.org/component/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,1/lang,en/

These are the papers and slides from the recent USENIX'09 conference, sadly
the videos are only open to members at the moment and not to the general
public:

http://www.usenix.org/events/usenix09/tech/

At least we know from Chad's blog that there are videos from the recent SELF
conference that will be posted to the public:

http://chadwollenberg.com/

The blogs from the Fedora guys at SELF were saying they had an after-party
where there was a nerdcore rappers group called dualcore, does this mean you
have Ubuntu Boppers, Gentoo Gyrators, Fedora Freestylers & SuSE Swingers:

http://dualcoremusic.com/nerdcore/

Continuing with the dance & arts theme, Gap for Gimp has just been released:

http://www.gimpusers.com/news/2009-06-18/gap-2-6-released.html

A new horror movie is now into production - SCO rises from the Dead:

http://blogs.computerworld.com/sco_rises_from_the_dead

There are even ghoulish things such as darknets:

http://www.darkreading.com/security/encryption/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=217801293

To finish off on a lighter note here are some goofy Linux pictures:

http://linuxshellaccount.blogspot.com/2009/06/goofy-linux-pictures-funny-and.html

Finally, the new TayLUG website should be up and running next week,
apologies for the delay as other distractions, priorities, Murphy's Law,
fixing the washing machine etc.. had delayed things (My lawn is like a
jungle this week, the sacrifices for TayLUG). I will post you all with the
details of the site when everythingis running satisfactory.