[dundee] LinuxFest Northwest 2009 - 10th Anniversary

Andrew Clayton andrew at digital-domain.net
Fri May 1 10:28:21 UTC 2009

On Fri, 1 May 2009 11:01:08 +0100, gordon dunlop wrote:

> 2009/5/1 Andrew Clayton <andrew at digital-domain.net>
>
> > On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 11:33:29 +0100, gordon dunlop wrote:
> >
> > > 2009/4/24 gordon dunlop <astrozubenel at googlemail.com>
> > >
> > > This was very quick, the videos and presentation slides for 2009
> > > have been posted:
> > >
> > > http://linuxfestnorthwest.org/2009.html
> >
> > If any one knows how to _download_ the videos, let me know.
> >
> > Andrew I was a bit premature in posting the link as they must have
> > been in
> the middle of uploading them, since then an extra 9 videos has been
> added There are 8 videos after the "Ask Monty More video" that are
> posted on the Montana Linux site which are downloadable in the Ogg
> Theora format. The last video is in flash format, which can be saved
> in a number of ways to your hard disk. I don't know about saving the
> first six videos, I will have a look at it later.

Yeah, I tried to reply to my email claryfying that I meant the ustream
ones, but sent it from the wrong address. Never mind...

I'm using Adobe's flash player (I wish I didn't have to use any
flash!). Fomr some things it'll save a copy to /tmpFlash*.
Unfortunately in this case it doesn't and "mplayer -dumpstresm URL
-dumpfile FILE" doesn't seem to like the compressed flash format.

Cheers,

Andrew