[dundee] Script Kiddie attack: in which our intrepid heroes nearly die of laughter

gordon dunlop astrozubenel at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 2 17:29:23 UTC 2009

2009/11/2 Arron M Finnon <finux at finux.co.uk>

> The person in question has a Perth based IP with Virgin Media so will be
> stuck with it for sometime.

Since there are a few people on this list using Virgin Media maybe someone
will know the answers to the following questions.

1. Does anyone know how often the IP address changes? I have read reports of
the IP going for over a year without it changing.
2. The lookup of my own IP is ubr11.dund.blueyonder.co.uk - Does anyone know
what ubr11 stands for ?

Thanks in advance,

Gordon