[dundee] Script Kiddie attack: in which our intrepid heroes nearly die of laughter

James Le Cuirot chewi at aura-online.co.uk
Mon Nov 2 17:41:19 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2 Nov 2009 17:29:16 +0000
gordon dunlop <astrozubenel at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Since there are a few people on this list using Virgin Media maybe
> someone will know the answers to the following questions.
>
> 1. Does anyone know how often the IP address changes? I have read
> reports of the IP going for over a year without it changing.
> 2. The lookup of my own IP is ubr11.dund.blueyonder.co.uk - Does
> anyone know what ubr11 stands for ?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Gordon

I'm on VM in Perth. I haven't checked at all lately but my IP very
rarely changed a while back. My hostname ends in
cable.ubr02.pert.blueyonder.co.uk. pert stands for Perth and dund
stands for Dundee. Not sure how it was determined that the guy was in
Perth. I'm guessing ubr stands for Unspecified Bit Rate?

James