[dundee] Users howl as Fedora 12 gives root to unwashed masses

Robert Ladyman it at file-away.co.uk
Fri Nov 20 06:51:13 UTC 2009

Yes, when I read it my first thought was that it was a placing of desktop-user
convenience over security. OpenSuSE has PackageKet as well but you still have
to put in the root password - in 11.1 you could get it to permanently remember
the password (the user could!) which was a bit naughty as well: this seems to
have disappeared in 11.2, or at least there have been so few updates as yet
that I haven't had to accept any and check the options - it isn't the default
to allow installation, though.

--

Robert Ladyman
File-Away Limited, 32 Church Street, Newtyle