[dundee] laptop mode power saving

James Le Cuirot chewi at aura-online.co.uk
Mon Oct 19 21:54:56 UTC 2009

On Mon, 19 Oct 2009 14:40:48 -0700 (PDT)
Lee Hughes <toxicnaan at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> when i see the powermangement issues that linux is having, i really
> see the unix way of doing things might be slighty out of date. I
> don't think unix was designed with power saving in mind..... there's
> been progress, however, i've got a feeling if i went head to head
> with a windows machine on battery life, windows would come up
> trumps.....arrrgghh..i hate saying that.

I haven't really bothered with this, partly because of that and
partly because I don't think I could effectively save power without
spinning my drive up and down a dangerous amount regardless.

I have given some half-arsed thought towards some sort of workaround
involving unionfs-fuse and ramfs but I'm not sure if that would really
work.

James