[dundee] Linux USB Wireless

gordon dunlop zubenel at fedoraproject.org
Wed Aug 25 08:58:03 UTC 2010

On 25 August 2010 02:41, azmodie <azmodie at gmail.com> wrote:

> if i'm rigt in thinking. i have an tp-link gw620 usb wireless dongle
> an unfavourablely the madwifi drivers don't support usb. eg only way to rn
> them is through ndiswrapper. (using windows driver)
>
> For the vast majority of atheros wireless chipsets using modern kernels
i.e. post 2.6.25 for g and 2.6.27 for n, you do not need to use madwifi as
the drivers are in the kernel. Obviously there could be exceptions for one
reason or another. I could not see the tp-link gw620 is mentioned on their
web site.

http://www.tp-link.com/products/productList.asp?class=wlan

Gordon