[dundee] SFD Update

Nicholas Walker tel0seh at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 30 11:35:50 UTC 2010

Hey guys, sorry it's a couple of days late, I've had a hectic weekend.

Here's the list of talks I have, in no particular order.

What is Free Software and why is it important? - Nick
Language support in FOSS - Roddy
Open Source Software for Students - Chris
Android and Embedded Linux - Kris
Open Source Security - Arron
Open Street Map - Axel
Blender - Gary (not sure if he can attend, emailed for confirmation)
Technical talk - Arron
Technical talk - Nick/Werner
Aldrine - Possible talk over skype. Emailed to confirm.

Here are the Demo's I have:

Open Source Gaming - Me
Linux Development using mono et al.
Ubuntu Studio - Paul Lancaster
Virtual Machines - Gordon
(Could do with a couple more, any takers?)

As far as Advertisement is concerned, I'm printing reams of Axels and Gary's
posters off, and also asking the HMC to advertise within their own circles.

As demo'd at the last meeting, We will be receiving our USB pens this week
some time, so they're ready to go as a viable income resource for the
society. Paul's Kindly burnt a tonne of CD's and I'll be burning some
myself, If there's anyone that has a bit of spare time to burn some disks
the society will be happy to provide CD-R's ( just let me know, and I'll get
them to you)

I'm Chasing up T-Shirts this week, But it looks like we'll have to make our
own, as the SFD team didnt have funding to make them this year.

Anything I've missed or that there are Questions about, please contact me on
this thread (no top posting please....jk ;) )

It would also be nice if a couple of guys could offer their services as
Backup Talks, as we did lose two on the day last year.

thanks Guys.

--

Nick Walker
President : The Linux Society